Re: redacted undocumentated APIs ..

__/ [ Doug Mentohl ] on Saturday 21 April 2007 17:33 \__

> REDACTED
>
> ..
>
> REDACTED
>
> ..
>
> From: jimgr Mon Jan 16 14:30:16 1989
> To: markwa; russw
> Subject: Re: Breakdown of new api calls
> Date: Thu Nov 07 15:18:11 PDT 1991
>
> It turns out I inadvertantly left off two categories from my list:
>
> String functions (lstrcat, IsCharUpper, etc.)
> File i/o functions (_lclose, etc)
>
> This brings the total to 59.
>
> Please note that when I use the term "new APIs." I am also referring to
> previously "hidden" functions which will now be documentated. They are
> new insofar as they will be added to the documenation although they
> already exist.
>
>  > From russw Mon Jan 16 13:38:12 1989
> To: markwa
> Subject: Breakdown of new api calls
> Cc: jimgr
> Date: Mon Jan 16 13:36:27 1989
>
> I count them up and get 42 not 60
>
> ..
>
> REDACTED
>
> ..
>
> http://edge-op.org/iowa/www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/4000/PX04600.pdf

The following is far more criminal.

'A number of Microsoft ex-employees and certified developers have
referred to much of Microsoft's formal documentation as "undocumentation"'

http://www.sonic.net/~undoc/comes_v_microsoft/Supp_Rpt_Andrew_Schulman.pdf

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Anonymity - established 2001, Google Groups
roy      pts/2                         Sat Apr 21 13:53 - 13:53  (00:00)