Re: [News] Microsoft Gets Scummier in Anti-Linux Attacks

__/ [ [H]omer ] on Sunday 22 April 2007 07:51 \__

>> I have not read this carefully. I don't care much for Tux500. I think it's
>> tied to Ken Stark's roots in the military and racing passion.
>
> You *don't* support Tux500?
>
> Why?
>
> I think Linux deserves all the positive publicity it can get (especially
> with the FUD war that is raging ATM), and Ken seems to be just the guy
> to do it.
>
> Hey, you've gotta give due props to a guy that risks his life in the
> name of .Net neutrality, then goes on to start an inspirational plan to
> promote Linux through racing sponsorship. Living with cancer must be
> tough enough, but to take on this kind of challenge as well ... AFAIAC
> the guy's a bona fide hero.
>
> Or maybe you just don't like racing.
>
> I'm not exactly fanatical about it myself, but well ... all in a good
> cause, and that.

I feel really bad for him and his partner because some jackass out there, who
goes by the name "Penguin Pete", calls the campaign a scam. He is /FAR/
worse than Radu. Biggest flamer ever. There's a big riot over this. As for
Tux500's viability, I don't think they'll get enough funds and, as I have
told them before, the money is better spent on developers, rather than
drivers, car mechanics, and advertisers. The publicity impact gets
'diluted'.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Viruses to Linux are like cancer to a shark
  8:05am  up 7 days  7:33,  4 users,  load average: 0.00, 0.16, 0.30