[News] Speculations About Dell's Choice of Distro/s to Preinstall

Which Linux will Dell offer?

,----[ Quote ]
| I think Dell will start by offering several Linuxes. I'm betting it
| will be RHEL WS 4, SLED 10, and Ubuntu 7.04.
`----

http://desktoplinux.com/news/NS2855663460.html

Related:

Red Hat Linux Not Likely To Be Offered On Dell Desktop PCs, Pacific Crest
Says

,----[ Quote ]
| Dell does sell some workstations with Red Hat Linux already installed;
| but CEO Michael Dell indicated recently that the company has been
| reluctant to back any particular variety of Linux for the desktop.
| In an interview with the Web site DesktopLinux.com in March, he
| indicated that the Ubuntu version has lately been the most popular
| choices of its users seeking to use Linux.
`----

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdaily/2007/04/11/red-hat-linux-not-likely-to-be-offered-on-dell-desktop-pcs-pacific-crest-says/

Michael's [Dell] Got a New Notebook...

,----[ Quote ]