Re: Dell offers XP again amidst Vista complaints

__/ [ thad01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ] on Sunday 22 April 2007 06:26 \__

>>>Manufacturers will only be able to pre-install XP on systems until Jan.
>>>31, 2008 when Microsoft will force them to switch no matter what internet
>>>denizens ask for.
>>
>> Great force them to look at alternatives like Ubuntu!
>
> At the rate Ubuntu is progressing, by 2008 it will come with a
> Turing certified AI with telepathic interface.  I've been playing
> around with Feisty for a few days now and really like what they've
> done with it.  Easier codec installation, better Java support,
> more 3rd party apps... it just gets better and better the more I
> work with it.  I'm looking forward to loading it on my main
> workstation instead of just on the house media server.
>
> Later,
>
> Thad

http://www.pronetit.com/2007/04/20/howto-install-world-of-warcraft-in-ubuntu-fiesty-fawn/

Could get a little easier, but no commercial S/W like Cedega.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    GPL'd Othello: http://othellomaster.com
  6:00am  up 7 days  5:28,  4 users,  load average: 0.35, 0.69, 0.85