Re: the IBM trojan horse and the PC Company ..

  • Subject: Re: the IBM trojan horse and the PC Company ..
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 12:36:08 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
__/ [ Rex Ballard ] on Tuesday 17 April 2007 22:37 \__

> On Apr 17, 3:48 pm, Doug Mentohl <doug_ment...@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>  From MArshall Goldberg
>> Sent: Saturday, MArch 14, 1998 12:23 PM
>> [IBM] should not be invited to any more COM+ design previews.
>>
>> Marshall.
>
> Seems like it was shortly after this that IBM decided to endorse
> Linux.
>
> Shortly after that, the DOJ began their antitrust case.
>
> The open hostility may have had a direct impact on IBM's
> (un)willingness to port applications
> written for NT 4.0 to Windows 2000, which depended on COM+.
>
> This is just my personal observations based on publicly available
> information.

There appears to be aggression on both sides here. I wonder about the context
in which this exhibit was presented.

--
                ~~ With kind regards

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
roy      pts/0                         Thu Apr 19 07:46   still logged in