Re: Mint Linux with KDE (Ubuntu with Codecs, KDE) Finally Released

ml2mst <ml2mst@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On 21 apr, 00:28, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> "Bianca KDE Edition" [Released]
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | The default selection of packages is large and very up to date:
>> |
>> |     * KDE 3.5.6
>> |     * Amarok 1.4.5
>> |     * Koffice 1.6.2
>> |     * Firefox 2.0.0.3
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.linuxmint.com/20070420.html
>>

> Thanks for the great news Roy.
>
> Linux Mint looks very promising.

Sure does. All fur coat and no knickers. I cant see that it offers
anything over the other million and one distros that about 2 seconds
with google wouldn't fix.

"Mint applications couldn't be ported in time to KDE and are absent from
this release"

Sure.

> I'm not quit shure, but I think it was Mark (Kent) who introduced me
> to Mint. Unfortunately I was not able to download the latest Beta
> release (probably a server or link problem on the Mint website).

> If Mint is as great as their (Rock) Music (U2, SenÃad O' Connor & Co),
> their beer and food, this will be yet another priceless Irish product
> <COOL>

*boggle*