Re: Microsoft DRM Cracked; Another Major Loss to DRM as Universal Goes for DRM-free Sales

On Aug 10, 6:52 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Hacker strips DRM from streaming Netflix movies
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | A hacker who calls himself Dizzie wrote late last month on the Rorta hacking
> | forum that "Netflix doesn't easily allow you to save the flicks and watch
> | them at your leisure because the films are entrapped in some ... Windows Media
> | DRM wrapper," referring to Microsoft's DRM system. Word of his hack spread
> | more widely this week in various blogs and Web sites.

It's actually Silverlight -- which prevents me from using Firefox on
XP or anything on Linux -- however, I did email them and they said
they were "working on a Linux version".