[News] People Do Now Know PS3 Does Blu-ray (Let Alone Runs Linux), PS3 Rises, XBox360 Still Disastrous

  • Subject: [News] People Do Now Know PS3 Does Blu-ray (Let Alone Runs Linux), PS3 Rises, XBox360 Still Disastrous
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 14:59:19 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Report: Gamers largely clueless about next-gen console media capabilities

,----[ Quote ]
| The survey, using 6,260 responses across next-generation console owners ages
| six to 44, also showed that DS owners were more likely to take their system
| online than PSP gamers. When it comes to the big consoles, Xbox 360 owners
| were more likely to download content online than PS3 owners.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070809-report-gamers-largely-clueless-about-next-gen-console-media-capabilities.html

Game Console Wars Rage: What A Difference $100 Makes

,----[ Quote ]
| This certainly hasn’t caused stock boys across the world to dust off the PS3
| surplus with any sense of urgency (and probably won’t), but could $499 be the
| magical price point where a PS3 purchase becomes feasible?
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070809/43988_id.html?.v=1

Microsoft: XBox 360 Price Drop Won't Fix Broken Strategy

,----[ Quote ]
| So in the end, it doesn’t matter if the 360 is $50 or even $100 less.
| Ultimately, the price cut will just reveal how niche the system has become.
|
| Exactly. Come on, guys. The blogosphere, be it the guys at GigaOM, Chris
| Kohler at Wired Game I Life or myself, have come up with some pretty rational
| approaches for how you can get it together. Unfortunately, however, our
| protestations seem to fall on deaf ears. Best of luck with your "winning
| strategy." I guess you know best.
`----

http://biz.yahoo.com/seekingalpha/070809/43985_id.html?.v=1

Watch this chart:

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5336/xboxam3.png

Japan seems to be the only nation that is aware of the game (patriotism aside).