[News] Free Software Increasingly Used by Businesses, Not Just Vendors

  • Subject: [News] Free Software Increasingly Used by Businesses, Not Just Vendors
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 05:15:05 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Open Source's Next Steps

,----[ Quote ]
| An increasing number of large IT vendors have thrown their support behind
| open source. But, for Linux and open source really to break into the
| mainstream, a much broader set of stakeholders must recognize and figure out
| how best to seize the opportunity to redirect license fee dollars into their
| own pockets.
`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2168800,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03129TX1K0000616

The Open Source Within Us

,----[ Quote ]
| This past fall, research firm IDC released a study that indicated more than
| half of all businesses on earth use open source software. Touchpoint Studios
| is one of those businesses. We use open source technologies for everything
| from software development and quality assurance to our web presence and
| community support.
`----

http://www.touchpointstudios.com/blog/2007/08/08/the-open-source-within-us/

Examples follow (FOSS).

Related:

Survey Confirms Strategic Importance of Open Source

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://home.nestor.minsk.by/networks/news/2007/07/1901.html