Re: Lenovo preloading SUSE

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Mark Kent
<mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:58:48 +0100
<orcpo4-iq8.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> ____/ waterskidoo on Wednesday 08 August 2007 16:06 : \____

>>> I respect your opinion Roy and though I wish it were a better
>>> deal, at least Linux is being loaded instead of Windows.
>>> Every system that leaves with Linux is one less locked in
>>> Windows system.
>>
>> Yes, and some people will replace it with other distributions.
>> It's just sad that Microsoft plans to make money from sales of
>> a rival actually materialise.  If you wish, I can post a link
>> to a half-and-hour video on antitrust. It shows not only
>> Microsoft in a short segment, but it also provides history,
>> including cases where Bell and the rail system made money no
>> matter who you paid to.  They overwhelm and literally _own_
>> the market this way. This is the mother of all abuses.
>> Imagine having America earning money every time a Nigerian
>> boy buys some bread at the local shop. It's invasion. It's
>> exploitation that is worse than the equivalent of colonies.
>>

> But if we have binary drivers, then we will be locked in to those
> drivers.  Surely this is obvious?

No, although the fault is not with Linux, but either with
those accepting the drivers -- I for one -- or with nVidia
(who is providing them but for some reason is being like
Creative Labs: not providing sufficient technical info to
write new open source ones).

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Useless C++ Programming Idea #40490127:
for(;;) ;