Re: Google Phone Might Be Free, Linux-based AND Open (OpenMoko Rumours)

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Tuesday 07 August 2007 08:24 : \____

> On Aug 6, 8:21 pm, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Google Using OpenMoko For gPhone?
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | A friendly penguin has told us at Phoronix that Google is looking to team
>> | up with OpenMoko for their "gPhone".
>
> I have to go with Google on this one.
>
> A great idea and a revenue winner for them.
>
> Especially when their Wimax network with Sprint and Clearwire gets
> built, meaning everything can go VoIP.

They are clearly putting some bits and pieces together, even if acquisitions
are required (see OP). It'll be interesting, but it'll also run many small
companies out of business. I still keep wondering how Eric Schmidt fits into
this picture. He was boasting about his iPhone, which he received before
everyone else. He's also on Apple's board, so there's a conflict of roles as
far as phones go.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    chmod a-r *.mbox
 10:05:01 up 12:58,  6 users,  load average: 0.99, 1.46, 1.49