Re: [News] [Rival] Vista Rejected by Its Buyers, XP SP3 Planned, Cartoons Illustrate the Mess

____/ Mark Kent on Tuesday 07 August 2007 09:35 : \____

> waterskidoo <water.skidoo@xxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> On 2007-08-06, Mark Kent <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>

>>> Well, Peter K would have us all on binary drivers, locked to hardware
>>> combinations determined by grey-suited people in smart offices.
>>
>> I don't think Peter said that at all.
>> Unless I am mistaken,he said that in the scheme of things
>> having a binary only driver is better than having no driver at all.
>> I agree with him.
>>

> Exactly - you too would have us all on binary drivers, unable to use
> anything but particular combinations of hardware which the manufacturers
> have pre-determined.
>
> That is not freedom, that is lock-in.

Tell her that story about the DIMM.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows Vistaster: Newly-coined Windows MEstake
Swap:  1510068k total,   267084k used,  1242984k free,    83628k cached