Re: Dana Blankenhorn Says Mark Shuttleworth Embraces GPLv3, Adds Anti-American Slant

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 07 August 2007 02:25 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx spake thusly:

>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1287
>>
>> I read Blankenhorn's comments and the eweek article on Shuttleworth's
>> calling Microsoft extortionist, and I didn't see anywhere that
>> Shuttleworth "rallied anti-American sentiment".  Did Shuttleworth
>> really do this, or is this just Blankenhorn's interpretation?
>
> You'd need to think like a typical Redneck Corporatist, in who's opinion:
>
>  . Free Software is Anti-American
>  . Speaking out against Microsoft is Anti-American
>  . Merely not being an American, is Anti-American
>  . Fighting for civil liberties and personal freedom is Anti-American
>  . Thinking for oneself is Anti-American
>  . Not being greedy, exploitative, and materialistic is Anti-American
>  . Not subscribing to the Redneck Corporatist agenda is Anti-American
>
> GPLv3 is perceived, rightly or wrongly, as a severe threat to that
> Redneck Corporatist agenda, so it's only natural they should lash out at
> anyone speaking in it's favour, or speaking against one of their own.
>
> Expect a McCarthy-style witch hunt against Free thinkers, any day now.
> We're all Commie terrorists, allegedly.

Well said. It's tiring to see that everyone who dared to say that Africans, for
example, deserve good jobs in IT (locally) are anti-American or whatever...

A lot of what we have now is the result of product of exploitation. As Red
Hat's CEO said a few months back, this leads to instability, including
terrorism (no, not Microsoft's corporate terrorism, but actual death).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Software patents destroy innovation
 05:05:02 up  7:58,  3 users,  load average: 1.62, 1.90, 1.85