Re: [News] Wii Outsells Microsoft's BoomBox360 20:1, Boom Boxes Still Go Ka-Boom!

On Sat, 04 Aug 2007 17:51:13 -0500, DFS wrote:

> Mark Kent wrote:
>> [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> espoused:

>>> This is disgusting. Microsoft kills a baby then claims it was the
>>> parents' fault for "exposing" the child to Microsoft's faulty hardware
>>> ... *and* they want the victims (who are now homeless because
>>> Microsoft burnt their house to ashes) to foot the legal bill.
>>>
>>> Evil bastards.
>
> The suit specifically claims an XBox 360 caused the fire in Dec 2004,
> but the 360 wasn't available until May 2005.

There was a recall on the XBox power cord -- fire hazards due to shoddy
workmanship or some such.  Obviously, if an XBox was involved, it wasn't
the 360.  Sounds like a clerical error in the filing of the lawsuit, but
that's not important, really.

The disgusting part of the story is Microsoft's response.  I don't think
they could sound more inhuman if their jobs depended on it.