[News] [Rival] Window XP Book Author: Vista is a Piece of Horse Hockey!

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Window XP Book Author: Vista is a Piece of Horse Hockey!
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 16:06:28 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Good Son, Bad Son

,----[ Quote ]
| This Vista thing? What a piece of horse hockey!
|
| Seriously, I mean this. Everyone is always complaining about how complicated
| the Linux desktops are, but Vista is completely goofed up. Putting aside the
| presence of so much crapware the Vista desktop looks like a walking billboard
| for every pay-to-use software service on the planet, there are serious flaws
| in this GUI.
|
| The stupidest flaw is the Shut Down command. Under Windows XP, it was right
| there in the Start menu. On this machine, there's a Suspend button. If you
| want to shut down, you have to go one step further into a sub-menu. A
| sub-menu for Shut Down? C'mon!
|
| There are more flaws, but it must be clear, I am saying this not as an avid
| Linux user. I am saying this as the author of a Window XP book, which I wrote
| during my brief hiatus from Jupitermedia (neé Internet.com), right between
| running Browserwatch as a freelancer and Linux Today as a staff member. (Yes,
| my dark secret is revealed. I also co-wrote an OS X book with Bill von Hagen,
| and authored 16 other Linux books, so I consider my karma at the very least
| balanced.)
`----

http://www.linuxtoday.com/news_story.php3?ltsn=2007-08-03-032-26-OP-DT

Video: Tech Shakedown: Vista forces reboots

,----[ Quote ]
| In a Technology Shakedown, ZDNet Executive Editor David Berlind discovers a
| reboot feature in Microsoft's Vista operating system that he doesn't like.
| The feature forces users to reboot their PCs with only a short warning before
| it happens.
`----

http://news.com.com/Taking+a+closer+look+at+Windows+Vista/1606-2_3-6200749.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Yesterday:

Windows vs. Linux vs. OS X: CIO John Halamka Tests Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.cio.com/article/126702