[News] [Rival] Vista Rejected by Its Buyers, XP SP3 Planned, Cartoons Illustrate the Mess

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Vista Rejected by Its Buyers, XP SP3 Planned, Cartoons Illustrate the Mess
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 15:42:46 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Houston, we have gotten rid of Vista!

,----[ Quote ]
| OK. So I installed Vista on my sweet LG S1 laptop (OK, it's not mine... but I
| like to think it is).
| This list of problems forced me to go back to XP!
`----

http://from-soup-to-nuts.blogspot.com/2007/08/houston-we-have-gotten-rid-of-vista.html

It's back to XP (or Linux) for most people. SP3 will be _EVEN BETTER_ than
Vista.

Service Pack 3 for XP in 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| With Vista still in the baby carriage and expecting SP1, it's unknown what
| will be added to its older brother in SP3. So for those of us sticking around
| with XP hoping for another service pack, here's our proof that the idea
| hasn't been ditched yet, and that Microsoft actually plans to release it.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/microsoft.ars/2007/08/03/service-pack-3-for-xp-in-2008

Wonderful cartoon:

http://101out.com/misc/vista.gif

Vista is everywhere!

Remember the controversial (possibly racist) ad from Intel. Look how it's bent
to make fun of Vista:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10906414@N05/1000227413/

Didn't Dr. Gutmann use the "athletes hobbling on crutches" analogy to describe
Vista's DRM?

Yesterday, Dilbert pulled a pro-Open Source cartoon.

http://www.dilbert.com/comics/dilbert/archive/dilbert-20070803.html

Related:

Vista Flops, Users "Upgrading" to XP

,----[ Quote ]
| There’s no demanding reason to buy Vista especially considering the
| complaints. Therefore those of you with Vista, stop the frustration and
| upgrade to XP in order to enjoy your PC again!
`----

http://www.marvquin.com/blog/vista-flops-users-upgrading-xp

My Downgrade To XP

,----[ Quote ]
| I say this because I’m about to slag on Windows Vista, and I want it
| understood that I am not a reflexive MS-basher.
|
| [...]
|
| I’m done with Vista for the foreseeable future. With a rock-solid XP SP2
| install, an attractive theme, and the wallpaper switcher, I have all my needs
| met - my computing environment is stable and predictable, the system is
| responsive, the visual appearance is attractive, and the overall user
| experience is pleasurable.
|
| I suspect many other people have had a similar experience with Vista.
`----

http://www.usabilityblog.com/index.php/2007/08/01/my-downgrade-to-xp/

An Open Letter to Microsoft: Re-Release Windows XP

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/18428/an-open-letter-to-microsoft-re-release-windows-xp