[News] Poky Linux (Mobile) 3.0 Released, Mythbuntu Gutsy Hits Alpha3, PCLinuxOS Magazine is Out

  • Subject: [News] Poky Linux (Mobile) 3.0 Released, Mythbuntu Gutsy Hits Alpha3, PCLinuxOS Magazine is Out
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2007 04:23:14 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Poky Linux 3.0 Released

,----[ Quote ]
| Poky is an embedded Linux build system, distribution and developer
| environment which builds upon OpenEmbedded technologies. Poky's focus is
| purely on building stable optimised GNOME Embedded type platforms
| (X11/Matchbox/GTK+) together with a streamlined system layer and cross
| development environment.
`----

http://www.pokylinux.org/

Mythbuntu 7.10 Public Alpha 3

,----[ Quote ]
| Today marks the release for the third Mythbuntu alpha image.  With this
| release, we introduce an AMD64 built image as well a standard x86 build.
| Should there be enough demand for a PPC build, we will do one of this for the
| next alpha.
`----

http://www.mythbuntu.org/node/44

PCLinuxOS Magazine August 2007 Issue 12 Released!

,----[ Quote ]
| PCLinuxOS Magazine has reached an important milestone today with the release
| of our August 2007 issue (#12) which marks one year PCLinuxOS Magazine has
| been in print!
`----

http://www.mypclinuxos.com/pclos-magazine/pclinuxos-magazine-august-2007-issue-12-released/

Linux grows up on devices, PVRs, and the desktop (respectively). Meanwhile,
this grumpy Microsoft employee seems to be losing faith:

http://minimsft.blogspot.com/2007/08/gone-fishin.html