[News] Linux Standard Base Gains Increasing Support from the Industry

  • Subject: [News] Linux Standard Base Gains Increasing Support from the Industry
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 02:05:23 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Linux Standard Base Broadens ISV Support

,----[ Quote ]
| Another ISV puts LSB’s value into a real-world context: “The quest is finally
| over. The holy grail of Linux binary compatibility has been found, and its
| name is LSB,” said Michael Kobar, Chief Technology Officer, Lymeware. “With
| LSB we are now able to provide our product as a single binary package per
| platform, and not per distribution. This alone has dramatically reduced our
| development environment requirements.”
`----

http://www.oetrends.com/index.php?view=article&id=28%3Alinux-standard-base-broadens-isv-support&Itemid=1&option=com_content
http://tinyurl.com/2vn7f8

Related:

Linux Foundation Releases New Carrier Grade Linux 4.0 Specification

,----[ Quote ]
| At the Communications Ecosystem Conference today The Linux Foundation,
| the new organization formed last month from the merger of the Open Source
| Development Labs and the Free Standards Group, today announced availability
| of its Carrier Grade Linux 4.0 Specification.
`----

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=104&STORY=/www/story/02-27-2007/0004535117&EDATE=

The SCOPE Alliance Releases Carrier Grade Linux Profile Version 1.2

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20070419005935&newsLang=en