[News] Digital Freedom Creates Free Software Chapters

  • Subject: [News] Digital Freedom Creates Free Software Chapters
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 02:04:17 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Digital Freedom: Fighting for your Digital Rights

,----[ Quote ]
| What are the biggest challenges the Binary Freedom team faces?
|
| Big corporate lobbies, they have the money but we have the spirit.
`----

http://blue-gnu.biz/content/digital_freedom_fighting_your_digital_rights

They have recently created a site to demonstrate against the corruption at the
BBC, which is closely tied to Microsoft (all the taxpayers' expense).

Support Ogg Vorbis and your own freedom

,----[ Quote ]
| The Free Software Foundation has started a new campaign to convince people to
| support Ogg Vorbis with PlayOgg.org. Other formats (such as MP3, AAC, and
| many others) are patent-encumbered or only available with proprietary
| software. You shouldn’t have to lose your freedom to control your computer
| just to play audio and video.
`----

http://www.digitalcitizen.info/2007/05/17/support-ogg-vorbis-and-your-own-freedom/

Related: