Re: Dell Preloads Ubuntu Linux in Europe, Offers SUSE Linux Desktop in China

____/ John Bailo, Texeme.Construct on Wednesday 15 August 2007 19:39 : \____

> I'm sure RS posted something about this, but I missed the part that
> SLED is being preinstalled by Dell in China.
>
> It's only a matter of time...
>
> http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/?p=1297
>
> "Dell has begin shipping Ubuntu Linux preloaded on consumer PCs and
> notebooks in Europe and SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 10 on business
> PCs in China."

Yes, someone predicted that Dell would add SUSE. They joined the
Novell/Microsoft deal just before they began selling Ubuntu.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Open Source Reversi: http://othellomaster.com
Mem:    515500k total,   439712k used,    75788k free,     6552k buffers