[News] PSP Downloads by Defective by Design Demands

  • Subject: [News] PSP Downloads by Defective by Design Demands
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 13:14:34 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
PSP download store held up by DRM

,----[ Quote ]
| Fans of the PlayStation Portable (PSP) media device must continue to wait for
| a download store, a feature that experts have said is a must if the player is
| ever to launch a significant challenge to the iPod.
`----

http://news.com.com/8301-10784_3-9759715-7.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

Related and recent:

Google selleth then taketh away, proving the need for DRM circumvention

,----[ Quote ]
| Yet now Google Video has given us a gift—a "proof of concept" in the form of
| yet another argument against DRM—and an argument for more reasonable laws
| governing copyright controls. How could Google's failure be our gain? Simple.
| By picking up its marbles and going home, Google just demonstrated how
| completely bizarre and anti-consumer DRM technology can be. Most importantly,
| by pulling the plug on the service, Google proved why consumers have to be
| allowed to circumvent copy controls.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070812-google-selleth-then-taketh-away-proving-the-need-for-drm-circumvention.html

Vista prevents users from playing high-def content, researcher says

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.networkworld.com/news/2007/080907-vista-high-def.html