[News] Novell Promises Not to Pull an SCO, OpenSUSE 10.3 Beta Snapshot

  • Subject: [News] Novell Promises Not to Pull an SCO, OpenSUSE 10.3 Beta Snapshot
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2007 07:20:40 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Novell doesn't want to be the next SCO

,----[ Quote ]
| "We're not interested in suing people over Unix," Novell spokesman Bruce
| Lowry said. "We're not even in the Unix business anymore."
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20070814/tc_infoworld/91000

Pokin' around Ubuntu 7.10 alpha 4 and openSuse 10.3 beta 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, it's getting to be that time of the year when the next generation of
| Linux distributions are ripening towards release. So I went over to the
| openSuse site and grabbed a copy of 10.3 beta 1 and then over to the Ubuntu
| testing site and grabbed 7.10 Tribe (alpha) 4.
`----

http://blogbeebe.blogspot.com/2007/08/pokin-around-ubuntu-103-alpha-4-and.html

Ron Hovespian's talk from LinuxWorld is now available as a video on-line:

http://www.novell.com/img/flash/load_stream.html?temp=1&id=ron_hovsepian_keynote_at_linux_world_2007_20070808

It has also just published a show-off item:

Novell Delivers Industry's Most Comprehensive Systems Management Solution

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070814/aqtu059.html?.v=22

Related and recent:

Casio Cuts Costs with Xen Virtualization from Novell

,----[ Quote ]
| Novell today announced that global electronics giant Casio Computer (Casio)
| is using SUSE Linux Enterprise Server from Novell with integrated Xen
| virtualization software to reduce the cost of consolidating servers while
| improving flexibility compared with alternative, proprietary virtualization
| software.
`----

http://www.examiner.com/p-27390~Casio_Cuts_Costs_with_Xen_Virtualization_from_Novell.html

Novell acquires Senforce Technologies