Re: Next Ubuntu Linux is "Hardy Heron" (LTS)

____/ Darth Chaos on Thursday 30 August 2007 08:55 : \____

> On Aug 29, 10:20 pm, John Locke <johnlocke98...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >Oh dear, Ubuntu do love their daft names.  My present system is Feisty
>> >Fawn - like Bambi snarling and baring his fangs... I'm not going to
>> >change up to Gutsy Gibbon, my system's fine for a while longer.  So
>> >when I update, it'll be to a durable wading bird.
>>
>> Damn..I was hoping for Husky Hornet..
>
> They already had a H...the Hoary Hedgehog. They need to rename the
> Warty Warthog release into "1derful 1" and the Hoary Hedgehog release
> into "Awesome Aardvark".

Warty Warthog was very bland, but it worked wonderfully well (just rebranded
Debian with some tweaks, a CLIed GUI package manager, and GNOME at the time).
I still think that Ubuntu is overhyped. H-P have just chosen Red Hat's
desktop. A lot of money was put into its development (they even paid *cough*
for codecs from Microsoft).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    No SCO code was used to generate this sig
Tasks: 144 total,   1 running, 142 sleeping,   0 stopped,   1 zombie