Re: [News] SCO is Likely to Appeal

____/ BearItAll on Thursday 30 August 2007 09:07 : \____

http://www.zwahlendesign.ch/images/screenshot/unix_desktop_macosx_1600x1200.jpg

> Thats a nice timeline, I haven't seen a UNIX/Linux timeline written out
> before, then in those early years so many things were happening at once
> that you never thought to look around and put things into any sort of
> order.

Have you seen /this/ one yet?

http://www.levenez.com/unix/

Click the image.

> For SCO, I think the graph makes it pretty obvious that they never had a
> claim of ownership of all UNIX. But at the same time, can anyone see
> Novell's name in that lot, I am happy for the courts ruling in favour of
> Novell, for Linux's sake, but in real terms Novell don't own UNIX either.
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^

UNIX is the new Linux (not really). Maybe Solaris' component move toward
OpenSolaris and the move from SUNW to JAVA (GPLv2/3) is another nice sign
(wishful thinking).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | BadVista? I guess it makes Vista a dog.