[News] Windows Users Find Comfort in Ubuntu Linux, Which Evolves Quickly

  • Subject: [News] Windows Users Find Comfort in Ubuntu Linux, Which Evolves Quickly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2007 09:36:45 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Ubuntu: Beyond the Terminal

| Linux, here I come. Making the leap to Linux was a bit scary for me. I've
| never experienced it before, let alone even seen its interface and what it
| can do. And it seems more now than ever that more people are trying out
| Linux: PC Mag's latest issue features a guide on how to install Linux;
| various Dell systems ship with Ubuntu; and recently former editor-in-chief
| Jim Louderback hinted that he's sick of Vista and may make the switch. With
| much support from my boyfriend Eric, who's also a first-time Linux user, we
| dove head first into the deep waters of Linux.
`----

http://www.appscout.com/2007/08/ubuntu_beyond_the_terminal_1.php

A list of new features expected in Ubuntu Gutsy Gibbon

,----[ Gist ]
| Latest version of Gnome
|
| Graphical configuration tool for X
|
| Firefox extension is to be apt-enabled
|
| Creates a virtual PDF printer by default
`----

http://linuxhelp.blogspot.com/2007/08/list-of-new-features-expected-in-ubuntu.html

Looks like some catch-up work better Linux distribution (not necessarily easier
for a new user though).

Great free games just clicks (or apt-get) away:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Games