Re: [News] Linux-hostile OEM Swallowed by One That Hates Vista and Moves to Linux

Verily I say unto thee, that The Ghost In The Machine spake thusly:
> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, [H]omer <spam@xxxxxxx> wrote on Tue, 28
> Aug 2007 06:03:41 +0100 <fumcq4-g0f.ln1@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>> I've disliked Gateway for a /long/ time, and not just because of
>> their attitude towards GNU/Linux.
>>
>> Just ask Ghost, he knows.
>
> Gateway ended up with Amiga tech for a time

That's the one. They raised the Amiga community's hopes, then dashed
them with nothing but three years of stagnation and silence.

> but I don't know if they still have it.

No, it's now back with Flossy & Co.

> Acer recommends Windows Vista Home Premium for Personal Computing

Yes they do, since AFAIK that tagline is a contractual requirement for
all Microsoft partners. However Acer do at least seem to be moving in
the right direction WRT GNU/Linux support, albeit much slower than Dell.

> So my disenamorment continues.  (If that's a word.)

It is now.

--
K.
http://slated.org

.----
| "Proprietary licenses, the crack cocaine of software finance."
|  - Matt Asay, CNET

 21:41:15 up 19 days, 20:36,  2 users,  load average: 0.37, 0.28, 0.37