Re: [News] OpenSUSE Gets New Package Manager

____/ AB on Tuesday 28 August 2007 00:13 : \____

http://www.debianadmin.com/simple-package-management-with-synaptic-package-manager-in-ubuntu.html

>>> Let's hope third time's the charm, because their last two attempts have
>>> fallen well short of the mark.
>>>
>>> Ian
>>

>> Could you explain this? Ubuntu has used Synaptic for ages. The article
>> you mention is almost a year old. Or do you need some help moving to
>> Linux? If so, please post your needs and I will do my best to guide you
>> through the excellent distributions which might be tailored just for you
>> at www.distrowatch.org and the same for anyone else who is here for some
>> help.  If you are confused feel free to ask me and I will try and find
>> the time to help you migrate. Firstly, which Windows are you most used
>> to Ian? This can, but not always, influence the Distro we will select
>> for your first baby steps in using Linux. It can be hard, it can be
>> daunting but I feel we can get there if you are willing to learn and not
>> need to be led by the nose like most Windoze users.
>
> You guys that keep jumping on Ian crack me up. He's been advocating
> linux in this group since before some of the guys who give him grief
> even heard of linux.

Peter says it's a Gary Stwart nym with another drama show.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | How I learned to stop worrying and love GNU/Linux