Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft Hyporcrisy: Criticises Google over Privacy, But Does the Biggest Crimes

____/ Linonut on Saturday 25 August 2007 19:49 : \____

> After takin' a swig o' grog, [H]omer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

>>> Yahoo!, Microsoft ink web pact with Chinese government
>> The answer is, of course, that corporations should not be playing this
>> diplomat game at all. Yes, China represents the biggest untapped market
>> potential in the world, but things need to change drastically before
>> anyone considers entering that market on a large scale, especially in
>> the IT industry (with emphasis on the word "Information"). If and when
>> politicians will ever be able to affect that change, I don't know, but I
>> doubt if corporations like Microsoft will be much help - they're
>> obviously not part of the solution.

Yahoo too has asked its shareholder who couldn't give a damn about anything but
money. Never mind freedom. It's all about money to them. They had to face the
court over such things last year (Yahoo and Microsoft). A panelist or judge,
who was also holocaust survivor, accused them of doing something similar to
what IBM did 60+ years ago when it did business with the Nazis.

> Say, maybe Bill Gates can "drop a dime" and give the Chinese chairman a
> call.
>
> He apparently will do that to influence government people looking at the
> OOXML standard.

He has already been visiting high figures in China in order to get /around/ the
technical committees. Apparently it worked, but we'll need to wait until
September 2nd when the final decision is made (just watch what they do in the
States at the moment). Andy covered this in a recent essay.

Bribery, nepotism, bullying, manipulation. China is still easy to buy.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Y |-(1^2)|^(1/2)+1 K