Re: [News] Comparison of Linux Distibutions Boot Time

____/ [H]omer on Saturday 25 August 2007 18:56 : \____

http://francis.giannaros.org/blog/2007/08/23/comparing-distribution-boot-times/

> yum-updatesd (initscript) adds a good 10 seconds to the Fedora 7 boot
> time. I've disabled it on my systems, since I only do updates on a once
> a week schedule.

The test was done by an OpenSUSE fan, mind you, so it's likely to be biased in
one way or another. I ought to have mentioned this. He has been posting a lot
of comments in BN.com to 'bring balance'.

Welcome to standards-compliant Web browsing. http://www.spreadfirefox.com/
Tasks: 109 total,   1 running, 108 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie