Re: Linus interviewed

____/ Kier on Saturday 25 August 2007 14:49 : \____

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/080907-torvalds-on-linux-ms-softwares.html

>>> Exactly. Linus seems to have a very sensible, pragmatic view of many
>>> issues, including that of MS.
>>>
>>> I suppose interviewers do feel they have to ask him such things.
>>
>> His response to such question is restrained by his authority. He has to
>> represent a large group. Luckily, unlike Zemlin, he does ask people
>> to "respect Microsoft". There is no reason to respect criminal
>> organisations.
>
> MS is not a criminal organisation, it's a business. Sometimes it does
> things that it shouldn't.

And /that/, given what we know and see in antitrust exhibits, teaches us that
the corporation is run by people who should have been in prison. So my
statement was correct and I'm sticking with it.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Windows XP: Dude, where's my RAM?
 15:00:02 up 18 days, 17:53,  4 users,  load average: 0.89, 1.21, 1.56