[News] Mozilla Axes XSS, Prepares for Firefox 3.0 Beta

  • Subject: [News] Mozilla Axes XSS, Prepares for Firefox 3.0 Beta
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 14:04:41 +0100
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Mozilla Aims At Cross-Site Scripting With FF3

,----[ Quote ]
| "A firm date for Beta 1 has not yet been set," Schroepfer said. "We are
| shipping milestones every 6 weeks (next up is Milestone 8) and when the
| quality of the milestones are ready for broad use we'll ship Beta1."

Microsoft XSS flaw:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=//ha.ckers.org/images/stallowned.jpg

Related:

Top 10 Reasons Firefox "Owns" Internet Explorer

,----[ Quote ]
| After two weeks of using Firefox, Microsoft will have a tough time getting me
| to ever switch back to Internet Explorer.
`----

http://www.miguelcarrasco.net/miguelcarrasco/2007/08/top-10-reasons-.html

FireFox 3.0 Has Inbuilt Support For Video, SVG Is Pretty Cool

,----[ Quote ]
| But did you know that Firefox has inbuilt support for various frameworks such
| as SVG, Theora and OGG, which can be used to create and build RIAs.
`----

http://www.clazh.com/firefox-30-has-inbuilt-support-for-video-svg-is-pretty-cool/

On Firefox 3 and microformats with Michael Kaply

,----[ Quote ]
| Microformats support is one of the most relevant features coming to Firefox
| 3.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/08/on-firefox-3-and-microformats-with-michael-kaply/

Firefox 3 alpha 7 released

,----[ Quote ]
| The next Firefox 3 pre-release, which is called Milestone 8, is scheduled for
| September 18. It isn't known yet whether or not Milestone 8 will be
| designated Firefox 3 alpha 8 or beta 1. According to the release schedule,
| Milestone 8 could potentially coincide with a front-end feature freeze.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/08/03/firefox-3-alpha-7-released

Firefox 3 To Support Offline Apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Robert O'Callahan from Mozilla, who is based in NZ but drives the
| rendering engine of Mozilla/FireFox, spoke about how Firefox 3 will
| deliver support for offline applications.
`----

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/firefox_3_offline_apps.php

Google Gears no slam-dunk for Mozilla's Firefox

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla Corp. is gung-ho on support for offline applications, but it's
| not committed to using the just-announced Google Gears technologies in
| the next Firefox, an executive of the open-source developer said
| Friday.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/060107-google-gears-no-slam-dunk-for.html?fsrc=rss-linux-news

Mozilla wants Firefox market share to reach 30% by June 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| The new moves are hoped to get more people using Firefox with the target
| market share being 30% by June 2008. Good luck.
`----

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?shownews=15722

Firefox takes 28% market share in Europe

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/07/firefox-takes-28-market-share-in-europe/