Re: YouTube: ELCOT's success story of Suse linux migration

____/ waterskidoo on Thursday 23 August 2007 04:29 : \____

> On 2007-08-22, Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Speaking of a switch, a colleague of mine approached about an hour ago. He
>> never used Linux before, but he is determined to do it (I didn't even ask
>> him to). He just came to tell me this. "Eventually everyone will use Linux,"
>> he argued. He didn't even know how bad Vista is... I told him this after he
>> had already decided to move to Linux.
>
> If you want to keep him as a friend I would suggest NOT mentioning Vista.
> Unless he buys a preload and pretty much stays within the box, he WILL have
> problems otherwise.

He has two boxes in the office. He uses one of them as a Web server and he'll
start by installing Linux on it.

I showed him some Compiz-fusion a couple of hours ago. He never saw anything
like this before, so he was impressed. No need to mention Windows at all. He
said "this is the future" and, mind you, the guy likes Microsoft. He really
likes their software and respects the company (he known nothing about them).

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "Computers are useless. They only solve problems"
 06:05:02 up 16 days,  8:58,  4 users,  load average: 2.17, 1.95, 1.62