Re: [News] Slashdot: Microsoft-BBC Corruption Approaching Collpase?

____/ [H]omer on Monday 20 August 2007 14:11 : \____

>> BBC's iPlayer's Prospects Looking Bleak
>
> Although I'd much prefer an unencumbered Free Software solution without
> DRM; if it comes down to a choice between an encumbered, proprietary,
> Microsoft solution with DRM, or no service at all, then I'd take the "no
> service" option. In fact I'd rather see an end to television
> broadcasting completely, than have Microsoft control the media.
>
> The current state of broadcast media in the UK is horrendous. We're
> boxed in between that filthy little Oz Murdoch on one side, and Sweaty
> the Impaler on the other. It's analogous to being gang-raped in prison.

I'll never get back to watching TV. I quit it a couple of years ago. I just
watch television at the gym and recently I've pondered a personal 'embargo' on
the big cinemas. I can cope with the cornershop/small ones that feature fine
films which are produces by creativity and passion, not greed and
number-crunching cigar-smoking DRM-loving execs. As for music, we have
hundreds of years of music, most of which predates the whole copyrights
culture (or has copyrights expired). You can grab a 5-CD Sinatra collection
for 5 quid if you look carefully enough. Oh! And it plays in a car stereo too.
No sneaky rootkits.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)