Re: Chalk up another win for Linux' ease of use

____/ [H]omer on Tuesday 21 August 2007 02:28 : \____

> Verily I say unto thee, that Tattoo Vampire spake thusly:
>> Richard Rasker wrote:
>>
>>> So, who was that again who said that one has to be a computer wizz to be
>>> able to use Linux?
>>
>> You don't.
>>
>> My daughter, who is a single working mom on a tight budget, has one of my
>> old Pentium III machines. She's far from technical, to put it mildly.
>>
>> The box runs PCLinuxOS and once she became accustomed to the slight
>> differences in menus, etc, she had no problems at all.
>
> I think the stigma that you need to be a rocket scientist to use
> GNU/Linux, is rapidly fading away into the mists of time.

Only among the crowd that understands technology.

Some people heard about Linux many years ago, but fortunately, all that "Dell
Linux" in the news created the well-earned impression that "Linux is here and
it's ready".

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
 03:00:02 up 14 days,  5:53,  3 users,  load average: 1.64, 1.11, 1.26