[News] Survey of 3-D GNU/Linux Games That Are Free

  • Subject: [News] Survey of 3-D GNU/Linux Games That Are Free
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 12:45:33 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Top 10 free Linux 3D games

,----[ Quote ]
| Addictive 3D games for Linux users to fill their time with. These games are
| really good and some have won awards or have been featured on magazines. Most
| are cross platform and all of them completely free. You don’t have to
| use ‘Wine’ to be able to play as they come with Linux installers.
`----

http://gamesuy.blogspot.com/2007/12/top-10-free-linux-3d-games.html

State-of-the-art games run on Linux as well, but they are not free.

Related:

QuakeWars for Linux to Be Released Soon

,----[ Quote ]
| The Splash Damage team, which deals with developing the famous Quake Wars:
| Enemy Territory game, has recently stated that the game will enjoy also Linux
| support soon after the Windows release.
`----

http://tuxenclave.wordpress.com/2007/07/12/quakewars-for-linux-to-be-released-soon/

Open Source Gaming Review: Linux Gamers Live DVD 0.9.2

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall I like this live dvd of popular free Linux games and I wish the
| absolute best to the developers of the Linux-Gamers.net Live DVD and I want
| to encourage them to continue their work. It’s very, very much appreciated.
| While it’s still got some growing to do, and some bugs to iron out, it really
| has been a very enjoyable distribution to experiment with. I especially like
| the idea that I can take it with me anywhere I go and play some of my
| favorite Linux games, even if the system I’m playing it on doesn’t have
| Linux.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=265

Supergamer VL Developmental Release Available

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.tuxmachines.org/node/17634