Re: [News] ~4 Million Eee Laptops Expected to Reach Customers Next Year, Upgrades Made Easy

> Asus says it'll ship 3.8 million Eee PCs next year
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | It's no secret that Asus has some big expectations for its low-cost Eee
> PC,
> | but it looks like the company is now getting a bit more specific on the
> | matter, with it saying it expects to ship some 3.8 million of the
> laptops in
> | the next fiscal year.
> `----
>
> http://www.engadget.com/2007/12/04/asus-says-itll-ship-3-8-million-eee-pcs-next-year/

I actually saw one of these in person the other day. It's kinda a cool
little thing. (Emphasis on little.) Very light and portable. The screen is
small but the resolution is good so it's easy to read. The biggest thing
that I didn't like was the 'mouse button' they have. Instead of two
individual switches for the L+R buttons there is only one switch that rocks
to the left and right. Considering how (very) often this will get used it
seemed a little cheap. Nit-picking I know but it's just a stupid little
thing that for some reason bugged me because otherwise it was very cool.

The eeeeee PC also had Open Office on it. Surprisingly OO starts very fast
on this thing. My guess is about 8-seconds which is actually pretty darn
good.

- Len