Re: [News] Linux Very Suitable as a Gift, Main Platform for Family

thad05@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Well, at least it would be better than being given a burned music CD for
Christmas, as happened to me; I couldn't believe someone would stoop to
such gauchery.

Actually, If they make a point to learn my musical tastes and
try to put together the perfect mixed CD, I would prefer that to
some overpriced consumer bauble that I have no use for.  I am a
big believer in the saying 'its the thought that counts', and I
think far to much emphasis is placed on conspicuous consumption this time of year and not enough on appreciating our family and friends.

Happy Holidays,

Thad

You certainly have a point. However, when you get a CD full of random crap from bit torrent that has nothing to do with your tastes, it feels like the result of laziness more than anything.
--

Random Flatfish Nym:
Rich