Re: [News] Ethics Policing Free Software, Not Litigation

____/ Linonut on Monday 03 December 2007 02:03 : \____

http://www.digitalcitizen.info/2007/11/29/proprietors-not-as-friendly-to-infringers-as-free-software-copyright-holders/

>    "Some of the biggest proprietors fund a group which conducts raids to
>    collect evidence of copyright infringement. Suspected infringers have
>    already accepted the terms of a license which grants the proprietor
>    or their agents physical access to the premises for the purpose of
>    verifying license compliance."

The guy who posted here as "Jim" (Moore?) had the BSA enter his shop to demand
an audit, despite the fact that he only stocked SUSE. So, the question is, how
does the BSA (biggest proprietors being a multiple-times convicted abusive
monopoly of course) actually *know* that someone pressed OK on some Windows
EULA in the first place? Can they assume all shops sell Windows? That's why
the BSA has too much control and the Microsoft Nation is introducing a new
police nation.

A comment from Slashdot that I saw earlier said something like:

"Microsoft is an abuse company and it uses its software to pass on this abuse."

Roy S. Schestowitz      | "This sig seemed like a good idea at the time..."
Mem:    515500k total,   444276k used,    71224k free,     1344k buffers