[News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

  • Subject: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 00:20:51 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A

,----[ Quote ]
| On the first of this month, after reading about the original dispute between
| ODF advocates and representatives from the GNOME community,
`----

http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/

Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody Goldberg.
Some say that they Microsoft shills.

Related:

Gnome foundation in kahoots?

,----[ Quote ]
| summary:
|
| Having a delegate in the ECMA T45 Committee the Gnome foundation clarified
| its involvement in a superb standard development and bashes the vendor.
|
| [...]
|
| The Gnome foundation actively participated in the ECMA fast-tracking of Open
| XML as a sock puppet for Novell. Now the Foundation clarified its position
| that came under recent criticism.
`----

http://www.noooxml.org/forum/t-28290/gnome-foundation-in-kahoots

GNOME Foundation defends OOXML involvement

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/121930