Re: [News] (Part of) GNOME Foundation Still Accused of Helping Microsoft Monopoly

____/ Peter Köhlmann on Monday 03 December 2007 08:13 : \____

> Mark Kent wrote:

>>> With Friends Like These - GNOME, OOXML, and ODF: A Q&A
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://redmonk.com/sogrady/2007/11/29/gnome_odf/
>>>
>>> Eyes on Novell employees (or former employees) like de Icaza and Jody
>>> Goldberg. Some say that they Microsoft shills.
>>>

>> Novell is looking more and more like another SCO.
>>

> You are looking more and more like a brainless twat

SCO were very, very different. Nonetheless, Novell is clearly making some moves
that help Microsoft and it's even dividing the GNOME Foundation on some
issues. I'll do an audio session with linux.com/Slashdot this Wednesday and
discuss this.

Bear in mind that Jody Goldberg left Novell just a few months ago. de Icaza was
the president of the GNOME Foundation until a few weeks ago. Microsoft seems
to be using the Novell component of the Foundation to get an ISO and hurt ODF.
Don't ask me. Ask others who have similar feelings.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows O/S: chmod a-x internet; kill -9 internet
Tasks: 147 total,   1 running, 146 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie