[News] Latest Firefox 3 Beta Reviewed (Digest of Raves)

  • Subject: [News] Latest Firefox 3 Beta Reviewed (Digest of Raves)
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 06:29:25 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Firefox 3 Beta 2 - faster and easier to navigate

,----[ Quote ]
| I've just downloaded and had a casual fool around with Firefox 3 Beta 2 and
| I'm told that it has approximately 900 improvements over the previous beta,
| including fixes for stability, performance, memory usage, platform
| enhancements and user interface improvements. However, what it boils down to
| is that it's even faster than the Beta 1 version and it is even easier to
| navigate.
`----

http://www.itwire.com/content/view/15865/1023/

Firefox 3 Beta 2 review

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the Firefox 3 Beta 2. As expected, this release is more
| about polishing the long list of features and improvements introduced during
| the previous nine milestones (eight alphas and a beta). But, as usual,
| there’s room for some noticeable changes.
`----

http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2007/12/firefox-3-beta-2-review/

Firefox 3 beta 2 Arrives with More Speed and Fewer Bugs

,----[ Quote ]
| The speed is phenomenal compared to Firefox 2 and with the second beta out
| the door Firefox 3 is shaping up to be the best browser since, well, Firefox
| 2.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/monkeybites/2007/12/firefox-3-beta.html

First look: Firefox 3 beta 2 officially released

,----[ Quote ]
| Overall, it's another very impressive release that reflects the
| rapidly-growing robustness of Firefox 3. I've been using the nightly builds
| as my primary browser for some time, and I've been very happy with many of
| the new features. The quality of beta 1 was so high that it even managed to
| convert a few skeptics. The second beta further refines the experience and
| brings us closer to the release candidates.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071219-first-look-firefox-3-beta-2-officially-released.html

Mozilla QA Seeks Pre-Release Testers for Release Candidates and Developer
Builds

,----[ Quote ]
| "Our community is a valuable resource, and we hope to build a network of
| trusted testers who we can count on to help us make the web experience great
| for all of our users."
`----

http://www.mozillazine.org/talkback.html?article=22780

Firefox 3 Beta 2 Arrives As Mozilla and Microsoft Jostle for Security Crown

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 Beta 2 was released on Tuesday, featuring several new security
| features.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/news/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=205100785

Not a single rant. Can't find any.

Related:

Personas from Mozilla Labs give Firefox a sleek coat

,----[ Quote ]
| I probably won't use Personas much myself since I greatly prefer the
| unadulterated GTK look in Firefox 3, but the addon is very intriguing from a
| technical standpoint. The way that Personas takes Firefox's Internet
| capabilities and leverages theme to bring dynamic content to the Firefox
| chrome layer is very creative and it reflects a lot of possibilities that I
| had never previously considered.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/12/16/personas-from-mozilla-labs-gives-firefox-a-sleek-coat

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme

,----[ Quote ]
| Work on the new linux theme for Firefox 3 is progressing nicely due to a very
| active group of contributers. To match the operating system’s theme,
| Firefox’s navigation toolbar will use native GTK icons.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/faaborg/2007/11/13/update-on-the-firefox-3-linux-theme/

“Beautiful” tab switching for Firefox 3

,----[ Quote ]