Re: [OT] Christmas Song of the Day [1 of 6]

____/ [H]omer on Wednesday 19 December 2007 10:09 : \____

> ,------------------.
> |The Christmas Song|
> `------------------'
>
> Flatfish roasting on an open fire,
> He'll no more be snipping on your prose.
> His farewell litany is sung by a choir,
> Of goons dressed up like hairy Trolls.
>
> Everybody knows that flatty was a puppet show,
> Always trying to start a fight.
> The asylum wardens who let him go,
> Will find it hard to sleep tonight.
>
> They know a memo is on it's way;
> Ballmer's cutting off their pay.
> The cash will help release SP1 by July,
> To see if pigs really can fly.
>
> And so I'm offering this simple phrase,
> To Trolls from one to ninety-two,
> Although its been said many times, many ways,
> Merry Christmas? Screw you.

Last Xmas was no joy to them, but it was a joy to hackers who built bigger
botnets and took down blogs and mail servers with SPAM and DDOS attacks (true
stories, if you look back).

Triple threat targets Word users

,----[ Quote ]
| Users of Microsoft Word are being urged to be careful as malicious
| hackers target the word processing software.
|
| Three unpatched bugs in Word have been uncovered in the last few
| weeks and two are already being exploited by attackers.

Here is Microsoft's 'success' in Xmas 2006:

Ballmer discusses life after Vista

,----[ Quote ]
| The holiday season hasn't gone exactly as Microsoft had hoped.
|
| The much-anticipated Zune, Microsoft's portable music player
| entry, has received mixed reviews, and demand has been tepid.
| Sure, Vista made its debut, finally, last week--but only for
| business customers. The Windows XP successor, more than five
| years in the making, didn't make it into consumers' hands for
| the all-important holiday sales season. Ditto for Office 2007,
| the flagship of the company's second most-profitable product line.
`----

http://news.com.com/2008-1012_3-6141081.html?part=rss&tag=2547-1_3-0-20&subj=news

Nothing changed since then. It only got worse.

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: sheep outnumber people in NZ
Swap:  1510068k total,   394880k used,  1115188k free,    31120k cached