[News] Open Source Business Produces New Announcements, Products

  • Subject: [News] Open Source Business Produces New Announcements, Products
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:08:43 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Paul Fremantle on the open source ESB and REST-based SOA

,----[ Quote ]
| What is the relationship between the new  WSO2 Enterprise Service Bus and the
| Apache Synapse project you are also working on?
|
| Paul Fremantle: The core runtime engine is Apache Synapse and if we have
| enhancement to that the code always goes back to Apache Synapse. We're not
| trying to keep back any kind of core code, but fundamentally the core runtime
| is based on the Apache project.
`----

http://searchsoa.techtarget.com/qna/0,289202,sid26_gci1286466,00.html

Grid.org Open Source Community Sees Strong Growth In First Month

,----[ Quote ]
| Grid.org was launched Nov. 12, 2007 to provide a single aggregation point for
| information and interaction by the community of users, developers and
| administrators interested in a complete grid and cluster software stack.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/index.jsp?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20071218005765&newsLang=en

Hyperic Expands Open-Source SOA And Java Management

,----[ Quote ]
| Open-source management startup Hyperic has announced technology and sales
| partnerships with two other growing open-source vendors: Iona and
| SpringSource.
`----

http://www.networkcomputing.com/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=204806081

Related:

Open source to hit $22 billion by 2010. What this means for Red Hat and Novell

,----[ Quote ]
| Interestingly, this number jumps to $41 billion if you add in the $19 billion
| that enterprises will invest in internal open-source development instead of
| wasting it on proprietary software licenses, according to Morgan Stanley...
`----

http://blogs.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9806036-16.html?tag=cnetfd.blogs.item

Source of the revolution

,----[ Quote ]