[News] [Rival] Windows Vista 'Attacks' and Punishes Its Innocent Users

  • Subject: [News] [Rival] Windows Vista 'Attacks' and Punishes Its Innocent Users
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 11:07:27 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Vista’s content protection caught in real life

,----[ Quote ]
| I was installing some updates today. Nothing really special: Office 2007 SP1
| and three optional updates. I had everything shut down except for Windows
| Media Player since I was watching a DVD. Well, everything progressed smoothly
| until it got to the very end. After all four updates were installed, the
| video driver reset and the screen flashed. Playback of the movie stopped and
| I received a copy protection error saying something about updating my driver.
`----

http://ilikeellipses.com/2007/12/18/vistas-content-protection-caught-in-real-life/

Watch the photos. Nice software to have, eh? It treats you like a criminal.

Related:

The Longest Suicide Note in History

,----[ Quote ]
`----     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://blogs.pcworld.co.nz/pcworld/tux-love/2007/01/the_longest_suicide_note_in_hi.html

,----[ Quote ]
| In an e-mail to a large Windows Vista OEM distributor titled "Pirated Vista -
| A darkness descends!", a local Microsoft representative made it quite clear
| what Vista pirates can expect to happen to their unlicensed installations.
|
| [...]
|
| Microsoft's new tough anit-piracy move also proves the company still controls
| its software releases with an iron fist, but it marks the first global use of
| heavy-handed tactics for pirated copies of Windows.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php?id=1029262671&rid=-50

Now it's final. I will NEVER upgrade to Vista.

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6230-0.html?forumID=102&threadID=212977&start=0&tag=nl.e138