Re: Linux/OSS hypocrites: poor adherence to web markup standards

DFS wrote:

> Today's markup validation results (compared to errors Feb 2007 and Sep
> 2006)
>
> http://validator.w3.org/
>
> www.linuxsecurity.com/ fails w/ 424 errors (356, 356)
> www.redhat.com fails w/ 3 errors  (15, 18)
> www.kernel.org passed validation  (passed, passed)
> www.ubuntu.com fails w/ 84 errors (20, 23)
> www.osdl.org fails w/ 10 errors  (passed, 38)
> www.distrowatch.com fails w/ 1566 errors  (940, 928)
>
> www.microsoft.com fails w/ 32 errors  (24, 2)
>

> New tests
> www.gnu.org  passed validation
> www.fsf.org fails w/ 11 errors
> www.slated.org/ ([H]omer The [H]ypocrite's site) failed w/ 29 errors
> www.schestowitz.com (lying spamming idiot's site) passed w/ 2 warnings
> www.websterscafe.com (Handover Phist's site) failed w/ 30 errors
> www.open4success.org (Rex Ballard's site) failed w/ 146 errors
> www.linetec.nl  (Richard Rasker's site)  failed w/ 22 errors
> www.glaci.com (Thad's site) failed w/ 3 errors
>
> There you have it - whines about MS breaking standards, but Linux bozos
> aren't taking care of their own bizness...

Ah, thanks for the heads-up -- I fixed the errors, and now the main page is
OK. Still working on cleaning up the other pages though (I'd planned to do
this for some time already, but now is as good as any time -- and there's a
major overhaul in the pipeline for the complete site, but that'll take a
little longer ...).

Richard Rasker
--
http://www.linetec.nl/