Re: [News] [Rival] Opera files brief in EC accusing Microsoft of stifling competition

* Roy Schestowitz fired off this tart reply:

> ____/ Linonut on Friday 14 December 2007 21:43 : \____
>
>> The best thing would be to have alternate commercial implementations of
>> Windows, where each company could push their own set of branded add-ons.
>>
>> Instead, we have only one implementation, and a problematic one, at
>> that.
>>
> Have you forgotten de Icaza, Mono, and Novell? They help Microsoft make a
> second-class citizens (Windows catch-up) rather than a powerful UNIX
> environment.

Obviously, I'm talking about a sane, properly-administered DOJ remedy.
Where companies are protected from Microsoft predation and API
churn and obfuscation.

Something that never happened.

--
Tux rox!