Re: [News] [Rival] Opera files brief in EC accusing Microsoft of stifling competition

____/ Linonut on Friday 14 December 2007 21:43 : \____

> * The Ghost In The Machine fired off this tart reply:

>>     Microsoft said putting its browser in its operating
>>     system benefited users.
>>
>> (To a certain extent, it does -- it allows users to browse.
>> However, an alternative solution would be to present a
>> requester asking "Which browser do you want?" and hiding
>> IE as the sixth or seventh entry, after Mozilla Firefox,
>> Opera, Dillo, and others.  Another possibility is randomly
>> shuffling the list.
>
> The best thing would be to have alternate commercial implementations of
> Windows, where each company could push their own set of branded add-ons.
>
> Instead, we have only one implementation, and a problematic one, at
> that.

Have you forgotten de Icaza, Mono, and Novell? They help Microsoft make a
second-class citizens (Windows catch-up) rather than a powerful UNIX
environment.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Reclaim your workstation - install GNU/Linux today
Mem:    515500k total,   449988k used,    65512k free,     1324k buffers