[News] Previews, Screenshots, and Videos of New Features in KDE 4

  • Subject: [News] Previews, Screenshots, and Videos of New Features in KDE 4
  • From: Roy Schestowitz <newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 04:01:12 +0000
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
Kubuntu + KDE 4.0 RC2

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4.0 Release Candidate 2 was made available yesterday as the last testing
| release before the final KDE 4.0 build next month. If you've been wanting to
| try out this latest version of KDE 4.0, but aren't yet ready to fully
| upgrade, there are Linux LiveCDs already available that integrate KDE 4.0
| RC2. Two of these LiveCDs are the OpenSuSE-based KDE Four Live 0.8 and a KDE
| 4.0 spin of Kubuntu.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=941&num=1

Lancelot wraca do gry ?

http://www.jarzebski.pl/read/lancelot-wraca-do-gry.so

Wow! Watch the launcher. Really pretty with plenty of functions.

KE Commit Digest Issue 88: 9th December 2007

,----[ Quote ]
| Ok, enough talk, I did a little screencast. Actually I made it for an
| internal NEPOMUK project presentation, so there is quite a lot of RDF to see.
| But maybe it is of interest to you, too.
`----

http://commit-digest.org/issues/2007-12-09/

Related and recent:

KDE 4 'consumes 39% less memory than its predecessor'

,----[ Quote ]
| Not mine, but one Korneliusz Jarzebski (in Polish) has done the numbers
| (pro-linux coverage in German) and produced a chart showing exactly how the
| RAM consumption of comparable KDE4 and KDE3 sessions measure up.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3138

KDE 4: like a dream on 256Mb/1Ghz/Intel!

,----[ Quote ]
| And I was pleasantly surprised with how well it all works. With a "debugfull"
| build from SVN. With kwin_composite 3d eye candy, on Intel. With KDE 3
| libraries loaded too (for KPowerSave, since it's not ported yet). As they
| like to say here in Franconia, it's like "a'Traum".
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3137

KDE 4.0 Release Candidate 2

,----[ Quote ]