Re: [News] Linux: Deployed, Not Sold; Vista: Sold, Not Deployed

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 13 December 2007 12:46 : \____

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Windows-Vista-Sold-but-not-deployed/0,130061733,339284495,00.htm

> Of course they're happy with that.  They've "sold" licences and nobody
> will even complain about the product, because they're not using it.
> Total taxation!

Someone ought to pass this to Auntie Neelie, who is still considering the
permanent unbundling (open PCs). This is just unacceptable.

Microsoft loves competition.
"We need to slaughter Novell before they get stronger….If you’re going to kill
someone, there isn’t much reason to get all worked up about it and angry. You
just pull the trigger. Any discussions beforehand are a waste of time. We need
to smile at Novell while we pull the trigger."
                --Jim Allchin, Platform Group Vice President