[News] Review of the Latest GeeXboX

Review: Geexbox 1.1

,----[ Quote ]
| Geexbox is a compact Linux distribution designed with the HTPC (home theater
| pc) in mind.  It's paltry 8.9mb cd footprint makes it perfect for taking
| anywhere you want to go.  You can even use it at home for your regular media
| center if you so desire.   It's biggest claim to fame is that it can play any
| file at any time anywhere.   You could even, in theory, take it to school
| with you and watch videos in class, not that I condone that or anything.
|
| [...]
|
| If Geexbox keeps improving and adding new features, over time it may even be
| a strong contender with the likes of MythTV and other Linux HTPC solutions.
`----

http://www.raiden.net/?cat=2&aid=351

Related:

GeeXboX 1.1 : 'Not a substitue for Human interaction' edition (07/01/2007)

,----[ Quote ]
| This new one is a really good candidate for your HTPC multimedia
| distribution choice.
`----

http://www.geexbox.org/en/index.html

Ex-MS security guru to dump Media Center for Linux?

,----[ Quote ]
| Veteran Microsoft security expert, Jesper Johansson, says he may dump
| Microsoft's Windows Media Center in favour of Ubuntu-affiliated LinuxMCE
| after struggling with Redmond's DRM (Digital Rights Management) software.
`----

http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Ex-MS-security-guru-dumps-Media-Center-for-Linux/0,130061733,339282399,00.htm
http://tinyurl.com/34as9b

LinuxMCE 0704 Released